Friday, March 30, 2012

Bloggiesta: To-Do List & Updates



Bloggiesta  is hosted by Suey of It’s All about Books and the1stdaughter of There's a Book from March 30 – April 1, 2012.

To-Do List:

- write that review I've been putting off for a week Done!
- cross-post my reviews to Goodreads
- link my reviews to Goodreads
- add genre tags to my reviews Done! And I tidied up the rest of the tags along the way.
- create a page for book reviews listed by rating Done!
- update Cat Diary posts with the new image and corrected introduction Done!
- schedule some Book Nook posts if I have time
- and, of course, meet some new bloggers and make new blogging friends Done! 

I might do some challenges if I can. Maybe I will also do some other stuff that comes to my mind or I learn while visiting blogs of my fellow Bloggiesta participants.

I was also planning to fix the captcha which wouldn’t turn off, but I have already done it. If, however, you are still prompted to fill in word verification as you comment, please let me know, so I can go try and fix it again.

There is also something wrong with my comment form, as it shows comment message below the comment box instead above it when someone already comments. I noticed this on other blogs, too, so I will try to find a solution for this too, if I have any extra time (and I will share it if I find it, of course).

Updates:

Apart from crossing off the completed items on my to-do list above, I will only be updating on Twitter (@StrangeNewWords).

Wrap-Up:

I will post my final thoughts on Monday.

12 comments:

  1. I've been noticing a lot of weird things going on with blogger comments lately. Hope you can get that sorted out, and if so, tell us on twitter how!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the new Blogger interface is useless for settings - but if you return to the old one and adjust settings there, they should work. But you never know what happens where Blogger is concerned...Of course, I will let everybody know if I discover any solutions. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey there! Great list. And you've already crossed something off. Great job! I've actually crossed two things off already. Much better than I ever suspected I would do. ;O) I'm only going to do one mini-challenge (hopefully). It's not posted on the Bloggiesta list yet, but I know The Book Vixen is hosting it. It's "back up your blog". I really need to do that. I hope I can get around to it.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the one that I crossed off was the easy one.:) The ones left will take me more time and effort.

      Delete
  3. I've thought about adding genre tags to my reviews. I might save that for next Bloggiesta! Good luck with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list--I hope it all goes smoothly for you! I do like genre tags, myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like genre tags, too, that's why I decided it's high time to apply them to my own reviews. :)

      Delete
  5. I had a lot of trouble with Blogger commenting yesterday...I kept getting error messages!

    Which is one of the reasons I now use Word Press for posts that have a lot of comments (like memes); however, some folks have mentioned they have trouble leaving comments there, too, if they don't have a WP site.

    Good luck with your list...and enjoy. Most of my stuff is at my Curl up and Read blog, but I've also worked on my Blogger sites for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always something with Blogger - I'm getting a lot of error messages today when trying to comment. I hope you enjoy Bloggiesta, too!

      Delete
  6. Cross posting reviews is always my least favorite task!

    Hope everything has gone (and continues to go) well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't come to cross-posting yet - I think it will take me a lot of time in the next days/weeks. I should do it on regular basis, it would be less time-consuming. I hope Bloggiesta is going well for you, too!

      Delete
  7. Looks like you're almost done. Cross-posting sounds very tedious, but I guess it has to be done. Good luck with that and with finishing up your list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!