Thursday, March 01, 2012

Booking Through Thursday – Different Kind of Romance



This week the question comes from Ted:
   
Have you ever fallen in love with a fictional character? Who and what about them did you love?

read a lot of romance, so I come across characters I love often. I’ll just name a few most prominent ones.

One of my earliest crushes on fictional characters was Sebastian from Saddler’s Wells series by Lorna Hill. I loved him because he is funny, always ready to pull a prank, but otherwise well-mannered, kind, and caring. The fact that I read this series some 15 years or so ago and I still remember him should tell you a lot.

I can’t go past The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. But it’s not who you think. Oh, no. My absolute favourite is Carlisle. Zeus’s younger brother’s looks, nearly four centuries of wisdom, and, most importantly, he is so utterly good – what’s there not to love? Fortunately, he’s only a fictional character. Otherwise, I’m afraid Esme would make an exception to her diet and have me for a snack.

I’ve been having a huge crush on Damon from The Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith for the past year or so since I started reading the series. Now, I’m going to minimize my gushing about why I love Damon to a minimum: he is mysterious, dangerous, smart and funny, but suffering on the inside and ready to do anything for the people he loves.

There are more, of course, such as Michael (gorgeous, decisive, loyal) from Sire by Thomas Galvin, Raphael (waiting for a girl for five centuries makes a guy awesome, don't you think?) from Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach, pretty much every male protagonist form Immortals after Dark series by Kresly Cole, ...

I could go on, but I will stop here. 

13 comments:

  1. Damon is on my list too! Here's my BTT post; http://samjaymc.blogspot.com/2012/03/booking-through-thursday-17-different.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've noticed a trend in my visits today...qualities that add up to strength, vulnerability, and maybe a bit of the bad boy.

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damon is handsome, definitely! But I've never read the series though, only watch the TV series.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just limited myself on books, because otherwise this list would get too long. I actually started reading the series after I started watching the show. Damon is awesome in both. :)

      Delete
  4. Good choices for heroes.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vampires aren't my thing, I prefer vampire slayers. But I have other crushes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound fun :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you didn't go for the obvious choice in Twilight. My favorite is Jasper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't generally read vampire books, but one of these days I guess I might have to read one of the Twilight series books. I must be the last person on earth who hasn't read any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I fall in love with fictional characters all the time. I still have my secret harem full of gorgeous wizards from the Harry Potter world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the whole Twilight series, but I liked Carlisle a lot too. SO much better than Edward & Jacob, who are all teen drama.

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!