Monday, March 26, 2012

Another tag!


Stephanie from Steph’s Book Corner tagged me quite a while ago. I like tags, though some questions are quite challenging sometimes – both memory- and craftiness-wise – but I have trouble finding the time to actually answer them. Never mind, I finally did it.

The rules:

1. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you in their post.
2. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
3. Tag 11 people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you've tagged them!
5. Include these rules and a link to the person who tagged you with your post.

My answers:

1.     Which character in a book is your favourite: the Hero or Villian?

How about option 3: a (Presumed)-Villain-turned-Hero. Those are the best.

2.     Do you prefer to read books in a series or a standalone novel?

Do we even have a choice? It seems to me there are only series out there nowadays. It doesn’t matter as long as the book is good. I do wish there were more great standalones, though.

3.     Which novel in a trilogy do you prefer? The beginning, middle or end?

The end.

4.     Did you like to read as a kid?

Yes.

5.     How many books do you usually pack when going on vacation?

Since my vacations are usually only a few days long at a time, and I have company who demands my attention, only one, or two at the most.

6.     What was your favourite book when you were younger?

I honestly can’t remember. I loved Famous Five series by Enid Blyton.

7.     What are your thoughts on books being made into movies? Good or bad?

It can be both good and bad. I think it is mostly good because that is how a story reaches more people. Also, many people who like the film go and read the book afterwards. In that way, films based on books actually encourage reading. On the other hand, there are also people who would rather see the film instead of taking the time to read the book. But I think those kind of people would not read a book in any case whether there is a film based on it or not.

8.     What is your all-time favourite book?

And here comes my automatic response: The Lord of the Rings.

9.     What made you decide to start a book blog?

I love books (duh!) and I love talking about them, but I am horrible at remembering what I have or haven’t read, especially the authors and titles. One day my friend and I were talking about this, and she mentioned she had started a book blog, so I decided to follow her example. I just wanted a place to write down my thoughts about books, so that I could have some reference spot about what I have read.

10.  What is it about a book that makes you decide to read it?

Mostly a combination of book description and recommendations from people whose taste in books is similar to mine and whose opinion I trust. Book blogging definitely helped with that, so I keep adding way too many books to my to-read list.

11.  Do you ever re-read books?

Not as much as I used to, but I do like to revisit my favourite books, or at least the best parts of them.

12.  What is your most anticipated new release of 2012?

Well, I’ve just read Moonsong, and I know it’ll be a hard wait for Destiny Rising, which is supposed to come out at the end of the year.


11 questions for you to answer:

I’m totally cheating and copying my 11 questions from a tag I answered earlier this year. And I’m also not tagging anyone, I don’t have time for that. So, if you like the questions and can spare a few minutes to answer them, consider yourselves tagged.

  1. Which fictional character would you be and why?
  2. Which is your favourite animal?
  3. If you could live in any time and place in history, apart from the present, when and where would it be and why?
  4. What is one thing you are not good at but you wish you were?
  5. If you could write (and enforce) any law, what would it be?
  6. Do you remember the first book you bought by yourself and which was it?
  7. Which was your favourite subject in school?
  8. Which recent film would you recommend?
  9. Which was the last book that was completely mind-blowing for you?
  10. Do you read while eating (or vice versa)?
  11. What is your favourite time of day?

1 comment:

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!