Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I’ve Been Tagged!


Sarah from Sarah Says Read posted this cool tag and she also tagged me, so here I go. I am taking her as an example and going about this in a more causal way, too.

What to do

1. Post rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer questions from the person who tagged you.
4. Make up 11 questions for people you tag.
5. Tag 11 people. (Yeah, I ‘m not tagging eleven people.)
6. Let them know they’ve been tagged. (I’m also not bothering to do this… if you see the post and see that you’ve been tagged, great. Feel free to join in or not.)

11 fun facts about myself:

  1. I’m an only child, so I when I was little I made up three imaginary siblings – two brothers and one sister – I played with them everything you can think of, such as board games where I made moves for four people.
  1. When still in pre-school, I invented “English”– a bunch of meaningless words I taught to an imaginary class. Who would have thought I would later become an actual English teacher?
  1. Another one from my childhood: my eight-years senior cousin was teasing me by “throwing” cats on the floor – when really they just jumped off his lap, but I thought it hurt them and I kept scolding him for that.
  1. I used to help herding cows when I was on vacation on my uncle’s farm.  
  1. I was kicked out of children’s choir due to allegedly being tone-deaf. Of course, I had been assigned to sing soprano. I joined an adult choir six years ago – now I’m singing alto and guess what – obviously I ’m not tone-deaf.
  1. Even though I can cook complicated (and delicious) meals, I am a lazy cook, so most often I rather just stick to the basics.
  1. I have nightmares if I read about scary or violent things or watch film with such content, so I avoid doing that before going to bed.
  1. I get so immersed in my thoughts I tend to go past people I know on the street without greeting them. Luckily, my friends know this and they don’t take offence.
  1. I love winter. The weather I like best: sunny, snow on the ground and below zero (°C). It’s even better if I don’t have to shovel the snow and go anywhere – but the weather is worth the trouble.
  1. I’m an over-thinker.
  1. In relation to number 10: I hate phoning. On the phone everything goes so fast and I often forget to say something because I don’t have the time to think about what to say or how to say it. So, if I have to do an important work or some official issue related phone call, I write down a list of points I have to tackle.
Sarah’s questions:

1. Do you like where you live?

Yes. I like my apartment, it’s just the right size and it overlooks fields, so it feels very secluded and peaceful, although I basically live along a main road, and I’ve got really close to the bus and the store, which is great.

2. What would you do if you were omnipotent?

I wouldn't want to be omnipotent, because the wish for power alone corrupts people. But if I were, I’d make everyone think more about other people then about themselves. I think that would pretty much solve all the problems in the world.

3. What’s your favourite holiday?

Christmas. Easter comes right behind.

4. What music did you like to listen to 10 years ago?

That was my rock phase, I think.

5. What are your favourite websites?

I can’t think of any in particular. Okay, at least not any which hasn’t got to do with book blogging or The Vampire Diaries.

6. What’s your favourite plant or flower?

I love carnations – not the ones you buy which don’t have a scent at all – but the real home-grown dark red carnations with a sweet scent.  I used to grow my own when I still lived in a house.

7. Do you have any pets?

Yes. I have had a cat for almost six years now. You can read (almost) all about her in Cat Diary.

8. What are some of your favourite TV shows right now?

Another easy one – you know what comes in first: The Vampire Diaries. Then closely behind follow: White Collar, Terra Nova, and my new-ish discovery, Downton Abbey. Oh, and NCIS.

9. If you could jump into any book, which would it be?

If you read this blog regularly, you already know the answer: The Lord of the Rings. But, as someone on the blogosphere put it, preferably after Sauron has been defeated.

10. What’s your favourite joke?

I’m terrible at remembering and/or telling jokes.

11. If you could buy anything right now, regardless of the price, what would it be?

Hmmmm…Books, of course … and a place to put them in. :D

11 questions for you to answer:

  1. Which fictional character would you be and why?
  2. Which is your favourite animal?
  3. If you could live in any time and place in history, apart from the present, when and where would it be and why?
  4. What is one thing you are not good at but you wish you were?
  5. If you could write (and enforce) any law, what would it be?
  6. Do you remember the first book you bought by yourself and which was it?
  7. Which was your favourite subject in school?
  8. Which recent film would you recommend waching?
  9. Which was the last book that was completely mind-blowing for you?
  10. Do you read while eating (or vice versa)?
  11. What is your favourite time of day?
The people I’m tagging:

Jillian @ Random Ramblings
Jennifer @ Book’d Out

and if anyone else wants to participate, fell free to do so. 

6 comments:

  1. I don't know where to start agreeing with you on the answers you gave! I am super crazy affected by books and movies about ghosts so I steer well clear of those. Even if someone mentions a ghost, I'll make up the rest of the story in my head and scare myself! I adore carnations too. I know a lot of people don't appreciate them and don't think they have a scent at all but I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind ghosts as much as the horrible things people do to each other. Ghosts belong to the fantasy sphere, after all... but people, well, that really gets to me. So, war novels (which I like to read and learn from, otherwise) before bed are out.

      Delete
  2. Carnations are beautiful! Oh and I'm the same way as you with 7 and 9! Thanks for tagging me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, carnations, TVD and LOTR, what a combination! and you are welcome! :)

      Delete
  3. We're so opposites when it comes to weather :-) I love warm, sunny weather and hate the snow.

    YAY for Terra Nova!! And I just bought Downton Abbey on DVD today! I keep hearing such good things about it, so I'm hoping to start it sometime in the next week.

    It's great learning more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my part, preferring winter is health related. I don't feel well when it's hot, so I enjoy winter. I hope you'll enjoy Downton Abbey!

      Delete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!