As it often happens to me, I was not sure how much I would be able to participate up until the last minute, even though I signed up pretty early. However, a friend cancelled our meeting (*makes sad, disappointed face*), but that’s what the books are for, to make us feel better, right. So, on the good side, I can do a lot of reading.
I decided to do the Mini-Readathon between noon and midnight European Central Summer Time - CEST (that is 6. a.m. to 6. p.m US EST, if my calculation is correct). I chose this time, because I had things to do in the morning (going to Church being one of them) and I don’t have to get up early tomorrow.
My book pile at hand:
It Must be Love by Rachel Gibson
Sacred Sins by Nora Roberts
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night (Immortals After Dark #4) by Kresley Cole
Fallen by Lauren Kate
Nightfall (The Vampire Diaries #5) by L. J Smith
I decided to just add updates as they come to this post. I will, however, put up separate posts for mini-challenges.
And since it is 4 p.m. here, this starting post already needs updates.
- Time: 4 p.m. CEST (10 a m. US EST)
- Books read: 1 – It Must be Love by Rachel Gibson (276 pages), Slovene translation,
- Reading time: 2 hrs 15 min
- Break time: 50 min for lunch & washing up, 45 min and still running for doing this post, posting….
- Time: 8 p.m. CEST (2 p m. US EST)
- Books read since the last update: I'm on page 80 of Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night by Kresley Cole
- Reading time: 1 hrs 40 min
- Total number of pages read so far: 355
- Total reading time so far: 3 hrs 55 min
- Time: 12 p.m. CEST (6 p m. US EST)
- Books read since the last update: I'm on page 184 of Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night by Kresley Cole
- Reading time: 2 hrs 5 min
- Books read: 1 and a half
- Total number of pages read : 460
- Total reading time: 6 hrs
I had a blast doing this. I felt a little tired and sleepy towards the end, but otherwise it was great, especially knowing other people are reading at the same time as me. I would have probably read more if I started with the second book and then read the first but it really doesn't matter. I did quite a lot of reading - it does not happen often that I read one and a half book in a day. Of course I will be reading the remaining books on the pile (see above) in the next days (or better said - weeks). Overall, this was a fun experience.