Thursday, March 10, 2011

Booking Through Thursday – Multi-Tasking


btt button

Do you multi-task when you read? Do other things like stirring things on the stove, brushing your teeth, watching television, knitting, walking, et cetera?
Or is it just me, and you sit and do nothing but focus on what you’re reading?
(Or, if you do both, why, when, and which do you prefer?)

Reading usually sucks me in, so I can’t do anything else alongside it. Sometimes I have TV on, but reading takes all my attention and I have no idea what is happening on TV. The same is with eating. If I read while having breakfast or dinner I forget to eat and it takes ages for me to finish the meal (the physical one, but my mind hunger gets sated at least).

As for doing anything else: if I'd walked while reading, I'd probably trip over, oh and don't put a book anywhere near me while I'm cooking or else there might be a lot of work for the fire department, and so on, you get the idea. When I'm reading it's just me and the book world and I become totally oblivious of all the rest. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm the same if I'm eating and reading. My meal get cold and then I wonder why I'm hungry. The most I can do is have a cup of coffee or tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do anything except listen to music when I am reading! I gotta turn to Audio books! Only way to keep up with reading!

    Here is my BTT: Multi-Tasking post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mostly, I like a quiet place to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty much the same for me. Dangerous for me to read and walk at the same time.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/booking-through-thursday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I could never cook and read at the same time. I even have trouble reading recipes while I'm cooking! I can multi-task when I have to, but I really prefer to do one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave up on reading and walking, but apart from that I multitask quite frequently: http://mostraum.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/booking-through-thursday-multitasking/

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!