Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2014 Challenge

This year, I'm going a little bit differently about challenging myself. Considering the disastrous reading last year, I'm starting with small goals to keep the pressure low, but I might up them if I see I'm doing well.

So, to begin with I'm challenging myself to read 12 books. I guess even with my recently slow reading I can read a book a month. And rereads and books not translated into English count as well.


    CHALLENGE RECORDS:

    Books are listed in order of reading (with the level of strangeness, see my rating system); those reviewed are linked to their reviews and also listed under Book Reviews tab.
    1. Wolfsangel by Liza Perrat (4)
    2. Girl in a Blue Dress by Gaynor Arnold (3)
    3. Obstacles by Chris Reardon (1.5)
    4. Pleasure of a Dark Prince (IAD #9) by Kresley Cole (4)
    5. Demon from the Dark (IAD #10) by Kresley Cole (4.5)
    6. Dreams of a Dark Warrior (IAD #11) by Kresley Cole (4)
    7. Lothaire (IAD #12) by Kresley Cole (4.5)
    8. The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien - reread (5)
    9. The Plantagenet Prelude (Plantagenet Saga #1) by Jean Plaidy (3)
    10. Loki: Nine Naughty Tales of the Trickster by Mike Vasich (3)
    11. The Fall of Arthur by J. R. R. Tolkien (4)
    12. Second Sight (The Arcane Society #1) by Amanda Quick (3)
    13. The Revolt of the Eaglets (Plantagenet Saga #2) by Jean Plaidy (4)
    14. Grave Sight (Harper Connelly #1) by Charlaine Harris (3.5)
    15. The Heart of the Lion (Plantagenet Saga #3) by Jean Plaidy (4)
    16. Loki by Mike Vasich (2)
    17. Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente (2)
    18. The Prince of Darkness (Plantagenet Saga #4) by Jean Plaidy (3)
    19. Eternally Dark by John Amory, Jenna Jones, TA Moore and BA Tortuga (4)
    20. Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly #2) by Charlaine Harris (3)
    21. An Ice Cold Grave (Harper Connelly #3) by Charlaine Harris (4)
    22. Grave Secret (Harper Connelly #4) by Charlaine Harris (3.5)
    23. Vanishing Acts by Jodie Picoult (5)


      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!