Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Updates

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

UPDATES

I’ll also update on Twitter as @StrangeNewWords and on Goodreads. See my goals here.

Monday, January 6:
Books I've been reading today: /
Number of pages I've read today: 0
Total number of pages I've read: 0
Today in six words: Day one was a complete failure.

So, I’m not even linking this up. I had so much work to do I don’t even know where the day went. I stopped by Twitter in the evening, just about 10 minutes into the twitter chat (totally by accident, I wasn’t aware it was happening right then) but then both tweetchat and tweetdeck were glitch-y and I wasn’t feeling well enough to deal with the moody tech so I just stared at the timeline for a while and then gave up.

Tuesday, January 7:
Books I've been reading today: Girl in Blue Dress by Gaynor Arnold (16),
                                          Pleasure of a Dark Prince (IAD #9) by Kresley Cole (37)
Number of pages I've read today: 53
Total number of pages I've read: 53
Today in six words: I read, that’s something, isn’t it?

Yeah, I read. If I had time I’d probably sped halfway through Pleasure of a Dark Prince. Or read a chapter more of the other book. Maybe my problem with reading is that I want to read everything at once? Because bedsides liking both these book and wavering which one I should read more, I have been having strong urges to start rereading The Silmarillion. If only I had time to do nothing else but read. I visited a few blogs, too, but I still wasn’t up to any challenges due to not enough time. (There is never enough time.)

Wednesday – Sunday, January 8 - 12:
Books I've been reading: /
Number of pages I've read: 0
Total number of pages I've read: 53
In six words: Major fail. Getting sick. Life sucks.

Yeah, I’m completely failing due to a) work doesn't understand there’s a readathon going on, b) I’m having a half-cold and c) people are making me upset. So, in the little free time I had I turned to fanfic for comfort. So, I did read about 15 – 20K, but not books. Whatever.

WRAP-UP:

Total pages read: 53
Anything else done: /

Basically fail of all fails. But foiling at Bout of Books is the least of my concerns right now, because I’m in the middle of an extremely difficult and worrisome situation, which will hopefully be resolved this week. So, positive thoughts are welcome. Stay awesome, my fellow participants, as I’m sure you are, I just couldn’t really find out how this time around.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jo, at least you were able to read a bit on Tuesday! Every little bit counts. I'll be lucky if I fit ANY in today, since I have plans with friends after work. Damn socializing getting in the way of reading...

    Good luck with the rest of the 'thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouraging words, but I've given up and turned to writing and such instead. My mind is just not in the right set for me to focus and reading seems like a chore instead of enjoyment. At least this week. I'm sure it will be better soon, after I deal with that thing that has set me off.

      But good luck to you! :)

      Delete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!