Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013 Challenge

As usually, I am not joining any challenges, but I am setting my own personal challenge which is, again, to read 50 books January 1st – December 31st 2013:

  • rereads don’t count 
  • books not written in English and not translated into English don’t count either 

CHALLENGE RECORDS:


Books are listed in order of reading (with the level of strangeness, see my rating system); those reviewed are linked to their reviews and also listed under Reviews by Author and Reviews by Rating tab. The books not counting (rereads, non-English) are in italics and numbered separately, but I list them here to keep track of the total number of the books I read.

  1. What Alice Knew by Paula Marantz Cohen (4)
  2. Wood Angel by Erin Bow (4)
  3. Angelology (Angelology #1) by Danielle Trussoni (3)
  4. Eighty Days Yellow (Eighty Days #1) by Vina Jackson (1)

Books not counting for the challenge (and reasons):

  1. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (reread)
  2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (reread)
Rating Stats:

Did not rate: 0
* not strange: 1
** a little strange: 0
*** strange enough: 1
**** very strange: 2
***** beyond strange: 2

This has been the worst reading year since uni when for a year or two I only read study books and materials. Hence, I'm counting the rereads in. It was actually rereading LOTR that got me reading at all. So it should count.


Books I Read in 2012
Books I Read in 2011

2 comments:

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!