Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Apologies and Plans


 Nothing happening?

You have probably noticed that I have not been posting as often lately as I used to. In case you are wondering what is going on, I think it is only fair to tell you, my readers, why I post fewer reviews and why I hardly participate in memes.

The reason for this is that I have not been feeling very well lately, both physically and emotionally. I am dealing with some problems and, as all of you I guess, I have a lot of real-life things to do, such as tutoring, taking care of my mother, do the errands and the usual household things. I am also trying to continue with my WIP. So, I just do not have as much time to read as I would like to, hence the lack of reviews. Additionally, autumn, especially November, is not a particularly good time for me, as the ever shorter and ever darker days have a very depressing effect on me.

The lack of time is also the reason for my infrequent participation in memes, since I do not have the time to visit other blogs, even if I might find the time to do the post. It just does not seem fair from my part to just post and not visit around. The same goes for my lack of commenting. I do still read your blog posts, although sometimes with a few days of delay, and I try to comment, but sometimes I just do not have the time to write a quality comment. But I really do enjoy reading your posts.

I hope you forgive me for all these things, which will continue in November, I am afraid.

However, not all is black. I have a few really great books on my to-read pile for this month and I will try to post at least a review per week. I have finally finished The Queen of the Damned, so you can expect the review on Friday or Saturday.

Also, there is a cool event coming up, which I am going to be part of, but more about that some other time. And as this year is coming to a close, I am thinking through some plans for this blog in 2012, which I will let you know about and also ask for your opinion sometime soon.

Finally, I thank you for your patience and sticking with me, and I hope you will not get tired of waiting for some coolness and run away (but no hard feelings if you do). Things will get better, and I think you will be able to enjoy some things I am planning for this blog soon. Plus, December is close, my favourite month, so that will surely cheer me up, and consequently my blog. 

Oh, and I have just noticed I say that I do not have the time much too often in this post, I am sorry for that, too.

5 comments:

  1. no worries... we're here :)
    hope things get a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you've been so busy and feeling gloomy. I hope things get better for you soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you:) That means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are doing ok --- and you're in good company with those of us who also suffer from a bit of "the lows", as I call them. :)

    Sending you some positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope things start looking up soon for you! Looking forward to your next posts!

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!