Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (June 21, 2011)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
MY TEASERS: 

The Fury and Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4)

"The hysteria it would cause, the questions, the fear and hatred once the questions were answered. Something that ran deeper than compassion or sympathy or the need  to help wrenched her back, flattening her against the wall."

The Fury (The Vampire Diaries #3) by L. J. Smith, p. 50




The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
"Hurrying down the isle was Diana Holland, the dearly departed's little sister, with a few shining curls coming loose from under her hat and her cheeks pink from exertion. Only Elizabeth, if indeed she could look down from heaven, would have known what to make of the smile disappearing from Diana's face as she took a seat in the first pew."

The Luxe (Luxe #1) by Anna Godbersen, p. 8




13 comments:

  1. Like the second teaser, not interested in vampires.

    Here's our teasers: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/06/tuesday-teaser-growing-pains-nobody.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. great teaser, thanks for sharing.


    heres mine
    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your teasers!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Bookgirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely teasers!
    thnx for stopping by my blog today!

    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers, love the cover of Luxe.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a teaser! Sounds like tension incarnate!

    Also, I'm thrilled you're reading The Luxe. I wonder what you'll think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers. I may have to try the Luxe series I think I have the first book in my stacks somewhere.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic teasers! I need to read The Luxe because it sounds like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teasers!

    I am a new follower.

    My TT, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't care for vampire reading either. The second one was cute.

    Thanks for the visit to my TT post today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both sound really good. Sometimes I like vampire books, sometimes not. This sounds like a good one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasnt a fan of the vampire diaries books as much as I love the show. and Ive always wanted to try the Luxe series. Great teasers!! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!