Saturday, January 16, 2016

Ant-Man (2015)

Ant Man Movie Poster
DIRECTOR: Peyton Reed; CAST: Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lily…

SUMMARY (from IMDB)Armed with a super-suit with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, cat burglar Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

MY THOUGHTS:

I have a terrible misconception when it comes to Marvel movies (although by now I should have learned to know better), namely that they are either cartoons for kids or stupid action, neither of which is true, of course. Ant-Man is no exception, and I am yet again wondering why I haven’t bothered to watch it sooner. But better late than never.

Ant-Man is a most of all an entertaining film with great visuals, but it also offers some food for thought by seamlessly incorporating a few hard truths about human existence and nature.

I was floored by the cast’s amazing performances, especially because I’m a noob who doesn’t check the cast list before watching, and just seeing Michael Douglas was like a punch in the gut – in a good way. Also, I absolutely loved the minor appearances of Peggy Carter and Sam Wilson.

Finally, Ant-Man was nicely tied up with the wider Marvel’s cinematic universe with the little allusions to CATWS and Age of Ultron and with the final bonus scene that reminded me of what is to come in Captain America: Civil War (as in death by feels, that's what.)


RECOMMENDATION: Overall, Ant-Man is a fun, highly enjoyable film, and a must-see if you are a fan of sci-fi. 



1 comment:

  1. I love the Marvel movies, but I really wasn't expecting much from Ant-Man. It was a pleasant surprise when it turned out to be pretty fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!