Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Mini-Readathon Wrap-up



So, this was a crazy day for me. Let's wrap it up. Here are my answer's to Sarah's questions:

1. How many books and/or pages were you able to read?

99 pages of The Avenger by P. C. Cast.

2. About how many hours were you able to read for? (Were there many distractions, breaks, etc?)

Approximately an hour and a half. I had this other thing that took longer than expected and I was beat afterwards due to driving around all day and stuff, so I'd have probably just gone to bed if it hadn't been for the mini-readathon. It was a good motivation for reading, so basically 99 pages in an hour and a half is a success to me.

3. Do you have any likes/dislikes about the 12-hour readathon, compared to a 24-hour readathon?

I haven't done any 24-hour event yet because I virtually can't dedicate so much of my time in one day, so 12-hour readathon is great. It's easier to fit 12 hours somewhere in my schedule.

4. Favorite and least favorite books that you read today?

I read just approximately one third of The Avenger by P. C. Cast, so I can't talk about favourites. So far, I love this book.

5. Do you have any suggestions for things you’d like me to do differently if I host another mini-readathon?

Not one I can think of right now. I am looking forward to another one (if you decide to host one). I hope I don't have anything else on the same day, so I can fully enjoy it.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I had fun this time too, despite being tired and not having enough time to do a proper 12-hour readathon. I loved your challenges ideas, although I only did three - I'm still figuring out how to save a wordle screenshot (either I'm doing it wrong, or my computer is too messed up to obey me, probably both). Jenn's challenge - to cast a book your reading - is interesting, I have perfect faces in my mind for the characters in The Avenger, but I suck at remembering actor's names and i don't have time to search through the web.

Overall, I had a great time. Thanks for hosting this, Sarah!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining, even for a little while! I'm probably going to host another one in July, like last year. I'll try to decide on the actual date earlier so that everyone can clear their schedules, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time! I find it hard, too, to dedicate a full 12 hours ... it's amazing how distractions can come up!

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!