Thursday, January 12, 2012

Booking Through Thursday – Interview, Part 2


btt button

        But enough about interviewing other people. It’s time I interviewed YOU.

1.     What’s your favourite time of day to read?

I most likely read in the afternoon or in the evening when I have peace and quiet.

2.     Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)

No. I used to, but then I started going online during breakfast.

3.     What’s your favourite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)

Pancakes. But I eat them very rarely because I’m too lazy to make them in the morning.

4.     How many hours a day would you say you read?

I strive for at least one, but depends on how much other things I have to do.

5.     Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?

Ten years ago I was at the university and I mostly read study books and material, which I don’t count as reading. I read much more now.

6.     Do you consider yourself a speed reader?

Not really – I read a book a week. I do have occasional reading flashes when I finish a book in a day.

7.     If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Teleportation. Wouldn’t that be cool? Not to mention it would save me a lot of time and strength.

8.     Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?

No, not everywhere. I only take a book with me somewhere if I know I will have time to read.

9.     What KIND of book?

Depends. If I have to carry it around in a bag all day, then a paperback, because it is lighter. But if I go by car, I rather take a hardback because it is less destructible. Mostly I just take whatever I’m reading at the time, regardless of the format.

10.  How old were you when you got your first library card?

If school library counts, then 7. I got my first public library card at the age of 13 or 14.

11.  What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)

Probably, either one of my grandmother’s Bibles, or church songbooks, or cookbooks that she handed down to me.

12.  Do you read in bed?

Yes.

13.  Do you write in your books?

Nooo. Of course not.  

14.  If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?

Don’t get discouraged if you don’t like what you read. Keep trying different things until you find something you like.

15.  What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask? (Actually, leave the answer to this one in the comments on this post, huh? So I can find them when I need inspiration!)

I haven’t participated a lot in BTT for a while, so I’m not sure if this has ever been asked:

Have you every written any fan-fiction? If yes, why and for which book(s)? If no, would you like to and for which books(s)?

12 comments:

  1. I shudder at the thought of defacing books, even though I highlighted in college textbooks and used to dog ear my novels. Cringe!

    Teleportation would be a great superpower.

    Here's MY BTT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your answers, especially the superpower one.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/booking-through-thursday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a naughty girl. if I own the book sometimes I write in them. But, I hate dog-eared corners. That is a no-no. If anyone borrows a book, I provide a bookmark, and mention I do not like dog-eared corners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your answers...especially #7 and 14.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your advice to new readers, it's an important piece of advice that would be easily overlooked by booklovers such as ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your answers. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome answers! As for fan-fiction, yes, I've written some years ago. Harry Potter fan-fiction. It's still out there somewhere on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From most of the answers I've read most people won't write in their books - drives me crazy when I borrow a book from someone and there are notes and underlines all throughout it...I usually can't get through it and wind up returning it without finishing then go buy my own copy! Here are my answers: http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2012/01/booking-through-thursdays-interview_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! Teleportation - that's what I said pretty much with the snap of a finger. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love reading your advice. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pancakes too. I'm not very good at making them though. Teleportation would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!