Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Someone to Watch over Me by Lisa Kleypas


SUMMARY (from Goodreads): Lisa Kleypas is back with a scandalous tale of love in Regency London. Grant Morgan is the eligible bachelor who comes to the rescue of a woman who suffers from amnesia. Is she really Vivien Rose Duvall, one of London’s most talked-about beauties? She is sure it’s a case of mistaken identity – but it turns dangerous as she finds herself falling in love. Who is she? What are the secrets of her past? Someone to Watch Over Me is a riveting read, and Kleypas creates some twists and turns that will keep you flipping pages late into the night.

MY OPINION:

This is the first book by Lisa Kleypas I have read. Usually in romance, it is the male protagonist who is notorious, but in Someone to Watch over Me the roles are reversed. I found this both refreshing and amusing.

I guessed the solution of identity confusion some time before it is actually stated in the book, and I had certain suspicions about the intentions of some characters. However, Kleypas manages to keep the reader from finding out who the true villain is almost to the end of the book, and I enjoyed the suspense.

I wasn't too thrilled about Morgan at first, as he is too obsessed with the past. But, later on when he gradully overcomes his prejudices and reveals his hidden, sensitive, and kind side, he becomes a rather likable hero.

Someone to Watch over Me is a mixture of stereotypes and originality. In this way, it is an engaging but fast read which does not require a lot of thinking.

RECOMMENDATION: This is a perfect relaxation read for a rainy afternoon. It is a captivating and easy read. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOOVE Lisa Kleypas books. I just went through a Lisa Kleypas phase just recently. She is one of my comfort reads. The Wallflower series was just amazing. I rating every book a perfect 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, her books are comfort reads, I need to read more of them!

      Delete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!