Sunday, October 09, 2011

Cat Diary (11): The Hunter

This is an occasional Sunday feature where my cat, pardon, Her Majesty the Cat, offers her more or less gracious insight into our lives.

  
I’m not sure if I mentioned I’m quite a hard-working and all-purpose useful kind of cat. One of my favourite pastimes/jobs is hunting.

I’m very, very good at catching things such as spiders, moths, flies, mosquitoes, and various creepy-crawlies that find their way into the flat from the patio as we live on the ground floor. Pepca often only notices these things once she spots me playing with them. Being gentle-hearted as she is, she usually grabs the nearest piece of paper and finishes off my toy, while muttering about it being disgusting (and trembling a little, too), but she just can’t let me “torture” living creatures.

However, she awards me for each of my hunting achievements with stroking and gushing about how good a cat I am, how grateful she is to me for catching those nasty things, and she generally overwhelms me with praise.

That’s a cat way of joining business and pleasure – I do something useful and have fun at the same time.

Hope you have fun with your work and hobbies until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!