Wednesday, August 01, 2012

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum


SUMMARY (from Goodreads): A book to raise the spirits and warm the heart. Includes the famous Kindergarten essay that was read on the floor of the U.S. Senate.

MY OPINION:

This is a collection of short stories and essays. The author shares his contemplations about a wide range of life-issues, often sharing his personal experience.

The book is sometimes funny, sometimes touching, but always thought-provoking. I disagreed with some views expressed in it, but mostly found a lot of relatable material in Fulghum's writing. The individual stories/essays are very interesting, the writing is transparent and easily approachable, and the book is generally a fast read.

Everything I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten is probably best to be read as a meditation aid – one story a day, which you can think about in depth. However, I read a library copy which was due back shortly, so I read it in two sittings. I might have taken more from it had I read it more slowly, but  I liked it in spite od the rush.

RECOMMENDATION: If you are looking for something inspiring to make you think Everything I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten could be a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!