Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings In Books


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.


In random order (linked to Goodreads or my review):

  1. ALL the places from The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien. Don't make me pick. Because. I. Can. Not.
  2. The land of Geall from Circle trilogy by Nora Roberts.
  3. The Dark Dimension from The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Shadow Souls by L. J. Smith.
  4. The Wyndspelle house from Wyndspelle trilogy by Aola Vandergriff.
  5. The French Pyrenees from The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse.
  6. The caves from The Crystal Skull by Manda Scott.
  7. Moonacre from The Little White Horse by Elisabeth Goudge
  8. The islands from Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton.
  9. The worlds from His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman.
  10. Many settings from Immortals After Dark (for example #2, #5…) series by Kresley Cole.

…and many more vivid settings/worlds are worth mentioning, the above are only the first to come to mind.

12 comments:

  1. I agree with J.R.R Tolkien books! I would also add Harry Potter.

    Ange @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely the worlds from His Dark Materials! Those books are right up at the top of my list of favorites of all time! LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LotR made my list as well!(: I forgot to add His Dark Materials to my list, but I love that series and I'm glad to see it made your Top Ten! Great list! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  4. LotR is just amazing! (And The Hobbit of course) Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Immortals After Dark! I had that series on my list and am glad to see it on another one. Also, I am a new follower and am looking forward to reading your reviews. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't seen Jurassic Park on any of the lists yet! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember reading somewhere that Tolkien worked on his books for years and years, just to get the details of the setting right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read the Hobbit (I know I'm a awful person). I must read it soon!
    Thanks for stopping by and following. I follow you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Jurassic Park! And for goodness's sake I REALLY need to start LOTR this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just watched the Jurassic Park movies but have never read the books. I would be interesting to do so.

    Thanks for stopping by my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've heard of any of these books. I'll have to look them up. Thanks for stopping by yesterday =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love The Lord of The rings and you're right, they are very vivid. It's always a feat when the author describes fantasy worlds.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!