Friday, April 13, 2012

Dream House (2011)


DIRECTOR: Jim Sheridan; CAST: Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts…

SUMMARY (from IMDB): Some say that all houses have memories. For one man, his home is the place he would kill to forget. A family unknowingly moves into a home where several grisly murders were committed...only to find themselves the killer's next target. Successful publisher Will Atenton (Craig) quit a job in New York City to relocate his wife, Libby (Weisz), and two girls to a quaint New England town. But as they settle into their new life, they discover their perfect home was the murder scene of a mother and her children. And the entire city believes it was at the hands of the husband who survived. When Will investigates the tragedy, his only lead comes from Ann Paterson (Watts), a neighbour who was close to the family that died. As Will and Ann piece together the disturbing puzzle, they discover that the story of the last man to leave Will's dream house will be just as horrifying to the one who came next.

MY OPINION:

I am not a big fan of thrillers, but I loved Dream House. It kept me on pins and needles for the whole hour and a half. It gave me a few good scares, and it had one major, shocking turn, besides some minor ones.

I cannot actually say much about why I loved it because I do not want to give anything away. Not knowing what to expect contributes crucially to the enjoyment of this film, so I do not want to spoil that for you.

The acting is, naturally, brilliant. I am a little bit (all right, a lot) partial when it comes to Daniel Craig, but he really does a fantastic job in this film. Again, I will not say anything more about his character as to avoid spoilers. The rest of the cast is also great.

The one thing I wish was done differently is the ending which is rather rushed. Therefore, it leaves a bit foggy impression, despite basically answering all the questions. I think a few more details would make a better conclusion.  

All in all, Dream House is a captivating mix of drama, mystery, and thriller, well-worth your time.

RECOMMENDATION: If you feel like watching a thriller, watch Dream House


2 comments:

  1. woaw i watched the trailer and it gve me goosebumps! is this showign already? I will have to check this one out! thanks for sharing Pepca. x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in cinemas towards the end of 2011, but I've recently watched on DVD. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!