Monday, August 29, 2011

Bout of Books Read-a-thon Wrap-up

  designed by Tara @ 25 Hour Books


Amanda at On a Book Bender hosted the Bout-of-Books read-a-thon from August 22 to August 28. You can see my starting post, goal, and daily updates here.

Stats:

Books read: 2
Pages read: 650

Goals achievement: approximately 80%

Midnight (The Vampire Diaries: The Return #3) by L. J. Smith ü–  my review is here 

The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger ü– my review is here

The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien  x – I  had planned to read some 150 – 200 pages of The LOTR: The Return of the King, but I did not manage to get to it.

My thoughts:

Although I did not read as much as I had hoped, I would have read even less last week if I had not been participating in this read-a-thon. I probably would still not made it through The Cather in the Rye, but setting to read it as a goal and knowing other people know it and are trying to reach their goals (and some really doing huge amounts of reading) was the very encouragement I needed.

I was even ahead of my schedule on Wednesday, and I expected to perhaps read even more than I had planned, since I usually read the most in the second half of the week. However, last week was an exception. I had a lot of errands, so I read very little on Thursday.

However, I really enjoyed reading Midnight and I am satisfied with my read-a-thon reading overall. It was a good experience. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good readathon experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did really good! I know what you mean about a readathon being such great motivation. I'm thinking about trying to hold my own personal readathons once a month or so, just to try to keep myself motivated and getting lots of reading done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over 600 pages is nothing to scoff at. I think you did fantastic, plus you are reading a classic. I'm impressed on both counts.

    Here's my wrap up:

    http://thecallawayfam.blogspot.com/2011/08/bout-of-books-read-thon-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!