Monday, February 27, 2012

From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse #8) by Charlaine Harris


SUMMARY (from Goodreads): After the natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina and the manmade explosion at the vampire summit, everyone human and otherwise is stressed, including Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who is trying to cope with the fact that her boyfriend Quinn has gone missing.

It's clear that things are changing whether the weres and vamps of her corner of Louisiana like it or not. And Sookie, Friend to the Pack and blood-bonded to Eric Northman, leader of the local vampire community is caught up in the changes.

In the ensuing battles, Sookie faces danger, death, and once more, betrayal by someone she loves. And when the fur has finished flying and the cold blood finished flowing, her world will be forever altered.

MY OPINION:

I do not even know how to review this book. I do not really have anything to say that I have not said for the rest of this series.

From Dead to Worse is once again an action-packed story. Sookie gets into a whole bunch of trouble but as always (almost) all ends well. I might have got used to Sookie so much that she did not annoy me in this book as much as in some other books.

Among the strong points of this book are less repetition than usually and interesting supernatural developments. Also, I loved meeting two new relatives of Sookie and I hope to see more of those two in the following books.

Generally, the books in this series, including From Dead To Worse, are like old friends, a little annoying sometimes, but I enjoy spending time with them nonetheless. 

RECOMMENDATION: From Dead to Worse is a nice, quick and relaxing read, both familiar and new at the same time. I think the fans of the series will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!