Monday, February 13, 2012

All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse #7) by Charlaine Harris


SUMMARY (from Goodreads): Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has her hands full dealing with every sort of undead and paranormal creature imaginable. And after being betrayed by her long-time vampire love, Sookie must not only deal with a new man in her life-the shapeshifter Quinn-but also contend with the long-planned vampire summit.

The summit is a tense situation. The vampire queen of Louisiana is in a precarious position, her power base weakened by hurricane damage to New Orleans. And there are some vamps who would like to finish what nature started. Soon, Sookie must decide what side she'll stand with. And her choice may mean the difference between survival and all-out catastrophe.

MY OPINION:

As usually in this series, Sookie annoys me a little in this book. In All Together Dead I particularly disliked Sookie’s getting all self-righteous, deciding who gets to live or die. If Sookie was a real person we would probably get along and be polite to each other but I would be her best friend.

However, Sookie is not the reason I keep reading this series, I keep reading it because of an interesting take on the supernatural world and creatures and because of suspenseful plots.

What I liked about All Together Dead is the vampire politics with all their glamour and intrigue. The plot is dynamic and keeps you glued to the book from start to finish. There is a lot of violence and some scenes are pretty gory.  

Even though Sookie is not my favourite character, I will keep reading the series, because I want to find out more about this kind of supernatural world. And I am also curious if Sookie gets together with Eric (but don’t tell me if you happen to know, I want to be surprised).

RECOMMENDATION: This is a fast and easy, but compelling read which lovers of paranormal, especially fans of the series, would enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!