The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
It’s almost Bout of Books time again!
I’m still trying to not over-stress myself since this is supposed to be fun, so my goals are once again minimalistic:
- read every day & finish/read 1 book
- participate in at least one challenge
- maybe participate in one twitter chat (hopefully)
- try to be a little social either on twitter or visiting & commenting on other blogs
Anything of this will be a success.
Books to select from:
- The Prince of Darkness by Jean Plaidy
- Grave Suprise by Charlaine Harris
- Deathless by Catharine M. Valente
- Loki by Mike Vasich
- and a few more
I’ll be updating on Twitter (@StrangeNewWords), since that is less time-consuming and I’ll write a wrap-up posts in the end.
Are you in? What are your goals?