Friday, February 04, 2011

My New Babies

A very important day is coming up and, since I can’t expect to get anything delicious to devour from my family, I decide to afford myself a little treat.

This came in the mail today:

 Cambridge Wizard Student Guide The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time (Cambridge Wizard English Student Guides)

This one is actually something I got to be able to help my high school cousin and some students I tutor with their required reading of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. I like the book, but as I skimmed through this guide right away I was a bit disappointed. But this is only the first impression and a report of its usefulness comes later.

 The Silmarillion

The crème de la crème. I already have a Slovene translation of The Silmarillion, but I wanted the original, too. So, I thought it is high time to get it. It’s Tolkien. Need I say more?

And finally, a dessert:

 A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark)

I read a lot of praise to Kresley Cole and Immortals after Dark series, so I have to try it and see if it is as sweet as it sounds.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing how you like them. That second one sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!