Sunday, August 31, 2014

Cat Diary (26): Nicknames

This is an occasional Sunday feature where my cat, pardon, Her Majesty the Cat, offers her more or less gracious insight into my (and her) life.

Did you know that Jo loves nicknames? As in, she loves giving me nicknames, instead of addressing me properly.

Some aren’t that bad, however the others…

My favourite three are:

  • Mini,
  • Mitzi,
  • Little Tiger,

My least favourite ones:

  • little thing (Really!?),
  • little naughty thing (even worse),
  • little beast,
  • little dwarf (Do I look like a dwarf?),
  • little rascal…

Do you see the pattern here? I’m a big cunning majestic cat! Rawr! Not something little. (In Jo’s defence, all those terms are one-word diminutive endearments in Slovene.)

Oh, oh, and the insult of all insults: mousey. Mousey! *hisses* I won’t say anything else.

Till next time,

2 comments:

  1. Ha :) Poor Her Majesty, having to put up with such things!

    Gabby probably hates her nicknames too - Gabarella, Gabby Cat, baby girl, boo, Gabbypants, etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I never could stick to the one chosen name for a pet. Good to know I'm not the only one. ;)

      Delete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!