Friday, May 11, 2012

The Avengers (2012)


DIRECTOR:
Joss Whedon; CAST: Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Tom Hiddleston…

SUMMARY (from IMDB): Nick Fury is director of S.H.I.E.L.D, an international peace keeping agency. The agency is a who's who of Marvel Super Heroes, with Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. When global security is threatened by Loki and his cohorts, Nick Fury and his team will need all their powers to save the world from disaster.

MY OPINION:

I liked Thor (2011), so I could not wait for The Avengers and I was not disappointed.

The two hours passed very quickly. There was never a dull moment, and the course of action kept me on my toes from the beginning to the end. I loved the witty dialogues, and I laughed out loud at the banter among the characters.

The Avengers follow a typical formula for this kind of a film – bad guys invade the Earth, and after initial defeat and sorting out the differences among themselves the good guys win – hence giving us the standard lesson: united we can stand up to anyone.

All in all, I really enjoyed this film, also for its great visual effects and acting.

RECOMMENDATION: The Avengers is a funny mix of action and science fiction, a film well worth seeing.

4 comments:

  1. The Avengers was a really good movie :-) There were a surprising amount of laugh-out-loud moments too, which is kind of rare for such an action-y film. But that's because Joss Whedon is a genius.

    I really need to see Iron Man 2 though, because I think that's where the Hawkeye/Black Widow story might have come from and I was kind of confused there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see any Iron Man film (but I know the comics character, duh), so I was a bit confused in the beginning, too. It wasn't too disturbing, though. I will try to watch those two films when I can.

      Delete
  2. I am still in two minds about this kind of movie but your short review warmed me up to it a bit! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I wish I could write something more, but I just cannot come up with what more to say, besides the fact that I enjoyed the film. I am not good with specifics sometimes. :)

      Delete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!