Thursday, February 03, 2011

Orc Voices

One of the best things about the Lord of the Rings film trilogy is how the film makers brought orcs to life. I think even Tolkien who gave such a precise description of the orcs couldn’t have done them better. The orcs in the films are hideous and disgusting, but the scariest are their voices.


This gives me goose bumps. That is why I skip the orc-ish parts of the films. I can watch them, but hearing them makes me want to run and hide into a hobbit hole.  

1 comment:

  1. Here, here! Couldn't agree more. The orcs are really amazing and super scary, too. Their voices are probably one of the creepiest things I've heard, so unearthly. There is one thing I find funny, though. Some orcs have a Cockney accent.:) Those creepy faces and then the Cockney accent - makes me laugh a little.

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!