Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Cat Diary: Her Majesty’s Last

Cat Diary was a weekly-turned-occasional feature about adventures of my cat, appropriately nicknamed Her Majesty the Cat because she was basically the real mistress de la casa.

This year, I was planning to do a yearly overview through her eyes, but, alas, it was not meant to be. She got very sick just before Christmas and after two trips to an emergency vet and a few days spent at the clinic, we found out she most likely had a serious heart condition with several additional complications.

I brought her home on Christmas day for observation and tried to give her every comfort I could, but she was very weak and she wouldn't eat anything, so the vet and I agreed it would be best to spare her further suffering and yesterday was her last day.

A collage of pictures of a sleeping cat

Here is a collage of a few pictures from the better moments of her final days.

While I am very sad to have lost a beloved friend and companion, I am consoled by the fact that I could at least somewhat pay back all the joy she brought into my life by letting her go and be at peace. I like to think she is having fun enjoying the endless entertainment of happy hunting grounds, now.

Hence, despite the sadness, I choose to remember her as happy and lively and up to her usual shenanigans, like in these pictures below from earlier this year. 

A collage of cat pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!