Friday, February 10, 2012

Follow Friday #5

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


Today’s question is: “What would you prefer: reading your favourite book over and over again until you got sick of it OR reading 100s of mediocre books? And why?”

MY ANSWER:

I haven’t read any superb book for a while – last month or so. I mean, I liked the books I read, but there wasn’t any that would shake my world, take my breath away, make me think about it for days and weeks….you know what I mean.

If I didn't read mediocre books, I wouldn't have fond my favourites, which would be a shame. I guess the middle was is the right way, that's why I read new books and and reread my favourites, after all.

However, if I had to choose, I’d rather read my favourite book(s) over and over again than read 100s of mediocre books. In any case, my favourite books are the books I want (and I do) reread again and again.

10 comments:

  1. i'd rather read mediocre books that way i can appreciate my favorite books more.

    Trish - My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely, well answered. I read a lot of mediocre books also and I love taking a break to read a favorite otherwise reading just feels like work.

    Caaleros
    http://caaleros.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally understand that when you put it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep... how we find our fav's is a great point. I'm with you... I like to reread my favorite's. (plural!!) :-)

    Thx for stopping by my FF!! I'm a new GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer! Thanks for stopping by my blog, following you back.
    Nereyda @Mostly YA Book Obsessed
    http://BooksandSparkles.Blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand your answer completely, but for me I'd have to choose to read a variety of books simply because I'm easily bored!

    If you have time and if you want to, please drop by my Follow Friday and enter my International Giveaway!

    Stephanie =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack! I feel like I'm the only one who would ever re-read mediocre books. But then again it's awesome to re-read your favorite books. :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I agree with you, you find your favorites by reading books that may be mediocre. But I wouldn't want to be stuck with mediocracy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. It's a hard question but I also think I'd go for my favorite books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!