Friday, February 17, 2012

Booking Through Thursday – Fan Fiction




A while ago, I interviewed my readers for a change, and my final question was, “What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask?” I got some great responses and will be picking out some of the questions from time to time to ask the rest of you. Like now.

Pepca asks:
Have you every written any fan-fiction? If yes, why and for which book(s)? If no, would you like to and for which books(s)?

For that matter, do you ever READ fan-fiction??

Let me first just jump up and down and squee a little because that is my question Deb picked this week. It’s only fair I answer it, right?

I haven’t really written any prose fan-fiction. I wrote some poems inspired by some films and TV shows, but in Slovene, not in English. However, there is quite some fan-fiction in my head – lots of times when I wish something was different in a book or a film I imagine my own version, but I somehow fail to put it down in writing.

Up until recently, I haven’t read any fan-fiction, but lately I sometimes read fan-fiction based on The Vampire Diaries (be it the TV show or the books). 

3 comments:

  1. I use to read some fan fiction and I did write some based in the Harry Potter world. That was ages ago, though. I barely have time to write my original stories these days, never mind anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an interesting and different question - good job on thinking it up for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any TVD but I bet its pretty awesome.
    Check out my post

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!