Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Challenge(s) Wrap-up


It’s only a day left of this year, so I think it’s safe to wrap-up the reading challenges I set for myself in 2011:

·       3 Jane Austen novels: I read two, but I will keep reading them, because I started to like her writing. ü

·       3 Harry Potter books: failed miserably – read zero. I think I’ll keep those waiting for a while longer, but I might get to them some time. X 

·       50 books: I read 60 books. ü

Total books read: 73

I also read 13 books which I did not count in the 50 books challenge because they were either rereads or not written and/or translated into English.

Rating stats – according to my Goodreads ratings, though I rated several books with half-stars:

Did not rate: 1
* not strange: 0
** a little strange: 3
*** strange enough: 17
**** very strange: 30
***** beyond strange: 9

You can see the list of books I read and their reviews HERE

I must say I feel good about reaching and surpassing (some of) my reading goals this year. It has been a good reading year.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of books. Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jane Austen :-) Congrats on making most of your goals! I hope 2012 is just as successful!

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!