Monday, October 24, 2011

Bout of Books Readathon 2.0 Starting Line & Updates



Amanda of On a Book Bender hosts the second Bout of Books readathon from October 24 to October 30.

My Goals:

I will try to do my average amount of reading and read at least an a hour day or 50-100 pages a day. Although, I hope I'll manage to read more than that. Nevertheless, 500 pages is my minimum goal for the week.

I have a pile of books ready at hand, so I have plenty of choice for different moods, but I am mainly planning to finish Forbidden, which I started yesterday and read 30 pages, read The Pillars of Society, which is really short, and read around 100 pages of The Silmarillion. But basically it all depends on how I feel and how much time I have to read.

The books to choose from:

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
The Pillars of Society by Henrik Ibsen (my review)
The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien
Dark Need's at Night's Edge (IAD #5) by Kresley Cole
How Huge the Night by Heather and Lydia Munn
The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles #3) by Anne Rice
Surviving with Wolves by Misha Defonseca
The Expected One (The Magdalene Line #1) by Katheleen McGowan


Updates: 
(I’ll also update on twitter @StrangeNewWords, and you can find me on Goodreads):
The format is adapted from Amanda's. 

October 24:
The books I’ve read today (and the number of pages): The Pillars of Society (108)
Number of pages I’ve read today: 108
Total number of pages I’ve read: 108
Today #insixwords: A most enjoyable two-hour waiting/reading.

October 25:
The books I’ve read today (and the number of pages): The Queen of the Damned (66)
Number of pages I’ve read today: 66
Total number of pages I’ve read: 174
Today #insixwords: Reading so fabulous I forgot to update. 

October 26:
The books I’ve read today (and the number of pages): The Queen of the Damned (13)
Number of pages I’ve read today: 13
Total number of pages I’ve read: 187
Today #insixwords: Thirteen (pages) is my favourite number:) 

October 27:
The books I’ve read today (and the number of pages): The Queen of the Damned (45)
Number of pages I’ve read today: 45
Total number of pages I’ve read: 232
Today #insixwords: This book is getting seriously gripping. 

October 28:
The books I’ve read today (and the number of pages): The Queen of the Damned (116)
Number of pages I’ve read today: 116
Total number of pages I’ve read: 348
Today #insixwords: Got a lot of reading done. 

October 29:
The books I’ve read today (and the number of pages): The Queen of the Damned (20)
Number of pages I’ve read today: 20
Total number of pages I’ve read: 368
Today #insixwords: Only one, yet gripping, chapter read. 

October 30:
The books I’ve read today (and the number of pages): --
Number of pages I’ve read today:  0
Total number of pages I’ve read: 368
Today #insixwords: Great social life but no reading.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, I think that's a sensible goal considering the books you've got lined up. I'd probably need all week just to get through the Tolkien.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Amanda: Thanks!

    @ Ellie: Thanks! I'll read what I can and I'll read the rest of the books at some later time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've structured your week of reading really well, I'm never able to stick to my goals. Have fun with the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, looks like you picked a great selection of books. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited you joined! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!