Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Mini-Readathon Mini-Challenge #3


Jenn at Booksessed hosts Mini-Challenge #3:


Pick one of the books that you're reading during the readathon. Post a pic of the cover. Then go find a cover of another edition that you love: paperback vs. hard, second editions, international, fan-made...whatever strikes your fancy. Or pick one that you don't get/like or both! Post both pics in your blog stating what you like or don't like about the covers, then link up your post. It's that simple.


I was reading Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4) by Kresley Cole. This is the cover of my edition:

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night

I think this cover fits the title and the content perfectly, especially the background elements - the Moon, winter, headstone. The characters are represented well, and I like the fact that their faces are obsured. I want to make my own image of the characters and places, so I don't like too revealing covers, such as:

Versuchung des Blutes

This is the cover of the German edition. It reveals far too much (and the people on the cover are miles from the characters' depiction). Also this cover gives an impression the book is all about sex, which is not at all the case. Sex is a part of the book, but it is not even its focus on my opinion.

However, my absolutely favourite cover is:

Dark passion

According to Goodreads, this is still the same book, just titled differently. I think the original title tells more about the book than this one, although all the titles in this series are in a way misleading and do not tell a lot about the content. The cover, though, is beautiful and fits the title. It also fits the content - the dark purple of the rose, frosted, emerging from the darkness. It is simply gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed participating in the challenge. I like the first and third covers the most. I agree that the German one is just too much!

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!