Thursday, February 17, 2011

Booking Trough Thursday - Romantic



This is my first time I participate in Booking Through Thursday, a weekly meme mostly about books and reading. This week Deb is aking:

What’s the most romantic book you’ve ever read?

(Mind you, I don’t mean the hard-core stuff you hide in plain wrappers under your mattress. I mean True Love, Romance, deeply emotional, heart-tugging, and all that stuff.)

And, secondly, did you like it? Is it your usual kind of reading, or did it take you by surprise?

I’ve read tons of romance, so it is difficult to choose just one book. Perhaps, I’d point of just a few books, such as the timeless The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough, Eucalyptus by Murray Bail and Caroline series by Sandra Paretti.

Even though I read a lot of romance, good romance books always surprise me in one way or another and this is after all what makes a good book. 

4 comments:

  1. You mentioned great novels!

    Here is my BTT: Romance post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Thorn Birds, I admit, but Sandra Paretti is great. And yes, Eucalyptus. I'm glad you added it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of the books you mention but I am going to check them out!
    Sally.
    Here's my answer:
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/booking-through-thursday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Eucalyptus by Murray Bail and really liked it. I actually had a lot of fun doing this meme :-)
    http://mostraum.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/booking-through-thursday-romantic/

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!